Monday, November 30, 2009

Uses for a Kitchen Timer Outside of the Kitchen

My boy used to be a prune. Or at least he often looked like one when he was little. It's because I often misplaced the timer I used to signal it was time to get out of the tub. He refused to get out without it. I finally resorted to ringing the door bell. I know…I know! The timer worked like a charm when I could find it.

I was (and still can be…) organizationally challenged as well as a bit lax on my ability to be firm about some things -like ending tub time (Hey-I could flip through magazines while he bathed so I liked him a little pruney!)

The timer also worked well to announce “toy pick-up time” before we had snack in the afternoon. So now I am wondering in what ways have others used the timer to manage their kid’s behaviors? The digital ones they have now are so slick we have multiples at home. I use them to signal to my husband that it’s time for him to make dinner, it’s time for him to buy me chocolate, its time……

Linda Thomas/PAIIR

No comments: